Tanya Menendez is an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA.
Tanya Menendez is the Co-Founder and CEO of Snowball Wealth, an online platform that helps you tackle debt and investing through free personalized recommendations and affordable coaching. Before Snowball, Menendez co-founded Maker’s Row, an online marketplace used by over 180,000 businesses that helps democratize American manufacturing for small businesses, which have in turn produced over three million products in the United States.
Before becoming an entrepreneur, she worked at Goldman Sachs and Google. She quit her job at Goldman Sachs to co-own a leather goods line, all produced in NYC. The products were distributed within boutiques and department stores, including Nordstrom and Henri Bendel.
After experiencing the pains of an outdated sourcing process, she had the idea to create a platform where entrepreneurs could connect with American manufacturers. This grew to become Maker’s Row, which has been helping entrepreneurs and designers get their projects produced since 2013, with over 150K businesses using the platform. Maker’s Row has industry leading investors like Alexis Ohanian, Joanne Wilson, Comcast Ventures, Index Ventures, Kapor Capital, Expansion Capital and Melo7. To date, Maker’s Row has raised over $2.5M in venture capital.
Tanya has been included in Forbes’ 30 Under 30, and has been named Business Insider’s Coolest People in Tech and one of PopMechanic’s 25 Makers Who Are Reinventing the American Dream. View selected videos here.
Tanya studied technology and its socioeconomic impacts on rural economies at UC San Diego. Tanya’s ethnography and research, “The Economics of Migration” was published by the University of California.
Selected Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Latinos in Finance fireside chat (coming up 9/27!)
- Keynote panel at #WeAllGrow
- Financial Workshop at People En Espanol, Poderosas Live!, Miami
- Led Financial workshops at the following companies
- Dropbox – Women’s History Month
- Pinterest – Pincluidos and Blackboard
- Weight Watchers – Women @
- Affirm – LatinX@ and Black@ ERGs
- Aspen Ideas Festival – Millenials in Manufacturing
- Aspen Institute Roundtable of Latino Leaders on Latino Owned businesses
- Harvard Keynote for the Latina Empowerment Conference
- People en Español’s “25 Most Powerful Women”
- Foo Camp participant for Future of the Economy
Get in touch with me here: